& its Importance.
*Rational Rose Tools Interview
BA Interview Questions
Business Analyst Tutorials
Business Analyst Finance
Business Analyst Health care :
Roles and Responsibilities of a Business Analyst
One of the most favored industries to be working in is the Information Technology and ITES companies. A very common profile that you must have heard is Business Analyst. The name sounds enticing, but before you decide on embarking on a career as a Business Analyst, you must be aware of the roles and responsibilities of a Business Analyst.
So how is a Business Analyst and what does he do in any organization? These are the basic questions this article aims at answering.
· To begin with, a Business Analyst is one who analyses a business and aims to better it with the use of Information Technology. He is employed by a company and he has a team of software developers to assist him.
· Once a client assigns a project to the company, the Business Analyst understands the various nuances of the business and then attempts to solve the problems faced in the current working or he may try to better the current working – whatever the client wants to be done.
· The business analyst has to know the workings of the industry in which the client’s business falls under so that he can fulfill his client’s needs and specifications from the project. To understand the specifications, from a business perspective as the client would think of them, a Business Analyst needs to be aware of the norms, laws, working, competitors, software, technical know-how, rules, procedures of the industry and the client’s business in particular.
· This education about the client’s business is a must so as to draft the client’s specifications in a format that is feasible to work upon. The Business Analyst can then understand and envision how the client’s project can be embarked upon by the technical team of software developers and programmers.
· The Business Analyst must also have the technical know-how that is necessary for him to understand how his technical team will go about working on the project and to supervise them. Also, if he understands the technological nuances of the project, then he can understand the technical team’s problems and help in solving them. Also, he can explain the client specifications in a format the technical team will understand.
· Once the client specifications are properly drafted, and the technical team is briefed about the project, then they can start working on the technical part of the project. The Business Analyst must be around to help them and to supervise the project to check if the timelines assigned to the project are being adhered to.
· The system which is designed by the technical team of computer engineers and software coders is then tested for errors and if any errors are found they are fixed. Testing of a software designed helps to check for bugs and if the system will work properly in a live environment.
· Once the client is satisfied with the working, does the developers work end.
The Business Analyst thus works as a bridge between the developers and the end user ( client).